Dienstag, 4. September 2007

What I'm up to....

Going to Japan, that is!
I got my sabbatical leave of 6 months which I will spend most of the time on the island of the rising sun.
I'll attend a language school in Tokyo.
Before returning home I hope to travel somewhat around, in any case stopping by in Ottawa visiting my grilfriend there.

But for now it's going east!
I will arrive at Tokyo 19th of september. My intention is to stay there for two days, then travelling up wrongfully neglected Tôhoku (Northern Honschu). One destination will be Aizu Wakamatsu.
The beaten track including Kyoto and Nara I'll probably take up later on during my stay.

29th of september I'll move to a host family. Course will start 1st of october.
So that's the plan so far....


Here an updated To Do-List


Travel Preparations
  • Writing down and memorizing graphic characters of locations I will visit. --> DONE!
  • Buying O-miyage (small presents) for host & others. --> DONE!
  • Make reservation for a room in Tokyo. --> DONE!
  • Asking for fees for a change in booking for my flight (so i can go to canada). --> DONE!
  • Buy a train ticket. --> DONE!

Insurance & Medical Matters

  • Take out a foreign health insurance --> DONE!
  • Vaxxination --> DONE! (except Typhus)
  • Collect Information about travel isurance --> DONE!
  • Filled out insurance-form in casd of emergency return --> DONE!
  • Visiting a dentist. --> WILL
  • Visiting a physician. --> WONT

Job & Educational stuff

  • Looking for the right language school --> DONE!
  • Try to get an arrangement with my employer. --> DONE!

Finance & Money

  • Opening a savings account. --> DONE!
  • Put back some money --> DONE! (hehe...)

Keine Kommentare: